Title: Media Specialist
phone: (815) 753-1385
- B.G.S. Computer Music - Northern Illinois University
- M.M. Computer Music and New Media Technology - Northern Illinois University
Northern Illinois University
Department of Music
Music 211 - Introduction to Electronic and Computer Music (2002-2004)
Community School of the Arts
Computer Music Primer (2005-2006)
Circuit Bending Workshop (2006-present)
The New Internet (2008)
Michael Taylor is eLearning Services' media specialist. He does audio recording and editing for instructional projects. His other responsibilities include research, development, and maintenance of communication, knowledge sharing, and collaborative tools for learning. Projects of interest are Adobe Connect, Second Life, Elgg social networks, Drupal, and Moodle.
Expertise & Interests
Michael's technical skills include web 2.0 technologies like blogs, wikis, and podcasting. He also has experience with Windows, Apple, and Apache server support. Other skills include audio recording and editing, music composition, XHTML, CSS, and Photoshop. As part of eLearning services team, Michael is interested in supporting and training people to better use online tools for creating an engaging learning and working environment for NIU faculty, staff, and students.
What does Michael do when he is not working for eLearning Services?
1) Hosts TechArt20xx, an annual concert featuring new works of electroacoustic music, videos, and experimental live performances from all over the world.
2) Composes music and builds new musical interfaces.
3) Teaches community school classes on art and technology.
4) Hangs out with his wife Rachel.