Minecraft & Video Game Design Camp (Day Camp)
Dates: June 18th - 22th, 2018.
Middle School: This camp is for students entering grades 5 - 9.
Are you interested in Minecraft, Opensim, computer programming, animation, 3D development, or video games? If so, join us this summer to have some "hard fun" for students entering 5th - 9th grade.
Campers will develop skills in coding, complex problem solving, graphic design, and working in teams.
Minecraft Video Game Design
- Explore popular video games
- Learn the essentials of game design
- Develop a game story
- Create game characters
- Invent game goals and rules
- Storyboard game scenarios
- Use Minecraft for Education to explore and build 3D worlds
- Program with Redstone and ComputerCraft
- Use OpenSim to build a 3D vector-based worlds
- Apply textures to 3D objects
- Script objects to animate movement
- And much more!
Time: 9am to 4pm
Location: Northern Illinois University, Founders Memorial Library, Digital Convergence Lab (DCL) Room 338. Students will be met on the turn around on the west side of the library (Carroll Ave) between 8:45 - 9AM. If a student is late a parent will need to walk their child to Room 338. Children are not allowed to come up to the lab alone. Pick-up is at the same location at 4PM. All students must be signed in and out each day by an adult.
Program Fees: Cost for participation in this program is $250. We only have space for 20 participants, so early registration is recommended. For more information contact: email@example.com or call 815-753-0673.
Registration is available by clicking the button below!
Partner With Us
Images from our interactive
XBox Kinect window!